[WVARC] Movie

Tree tree at kkn.net
Tue Oct 19 17:44:22 CDT 2004

Okay - I guess I should explain myself.

Yesterday, I received a DVD in the mail from NN1N who is like the #2
guy at the ARRL now.  It has an emery label on it and it says copy #2
on it.  I put it in my DVD player, but nothing happened.  I put it
into a CD ROM on a computer but nothing happens.  Then I try the DVD ROM
drive on my laptop and some files comes up. I click on one of them and
I am looking at a menu of six different movies:

Hams Wide World
This is Ham Radio
Moving Up to Amateur Radio
The World of Ham Radio
Amateur Radio Today
The Ham Radio Olympics (which appears to be WRTC-2000)

Hams Wide World is what I was quoting from.  Some of the same footage
appers in This is Ham Radio - as does a novice class in John's garage.
This has a few shots of WB6ZVC around age 15, and my 13 year old daughter
thinks I was cute (as far as I can tell, she is the first of the female
species to have ever thought that of the teenage version of me).

Each movie as a recently recorded introduction by Dave Bell.  Some of you
know I was "Ham of the Year" recently at Dayton, and Dave is really the
one who was the driving force behind that.

I am checking to find out what the next step is here - for release.  It
looks like this is mostly all done and will be a "must have" for any
WVARC member.

Tree