[WVARC] K6OY Single Band 80 in CQ WW CW

Tree tree at kkn.net
Mon Nov 29 09:42:20 PST 2004

You guys all know W6RJ?  The guy who appears on the cover of your HRO
catalog?  He is a pretty well known 80 meter DXer - probably because of
his 3 element beam up on a nice hill on the east side of the bay.

Bob has had the 80 meter single band record forever for W6.  That is
until this weekend.  Our very own K6OY (aka WB6HGU) smashed the record
as shown here:

http://lists.contesting.com/_3830/2004-11/msg01918.html

Congrats Bruce.

It does appear the W7 record was also broken by another club member.
Congratulations to...  err... ummm...  me!

http://lists.contesting.com/_3830/2004-11/msg01823.html

Just another example of the WVARC's alumni setting new standards in the
world of contesting.

Tree