[WVARC] FD 04

Tree tree at kkn.net
Wed Mar 31 13:21:18 CST 2004

On Wed, Mar 31, 2004 at 08:58:55AM -0800, John Musselman WB6UHF wrote:

> I'm FD chairman for our local club here in Escondido.  Anybody want to come
> out and help us beat the Bodids?

:-)

There is a very slim chance that I could make an appearance.  I think I will
going to SoCal during FD weekend, but I am not sure of the timing just yet,
and since this is a family holiday, sneaking away for ham radio will be
rough.

The K7RAT super-station is planning to be active the weekend before FD in
the June VHF contest (for the 4th year in a row now).  I should be active
on 6, 2, 222, 432 and 1296 MHz.  New antenna projects for this summer include
a separate 1296 antenna for RX (eliminating TR relay issues), a 4 square for
80 meters (from the W7RM station that is being taken down) and another RX
antenna for 20 meters on a 38 foot tower (for secret CW Sprint purposes).

Pictures from W7RM at http://www.kkn.net/~tree/gallery

Tree