[WVARC] Mug versus A&W

Tree tree at kkn.net
Tue May 27 16:43:20 CDT 2003

On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 01:07:32PM -0700, Martin Woll wrote:

> That looks like a mailbox mounted on the side of the tower next to the
> rotor.  For airmail, perhaps?

:-)  I remember seeing a mailbox like that on Topanga Canyon Blvd, just
before the turn off for W6DGH/N6AA.

Well, I was looking for some kind of WX proof enclosure to put preamps
and antenna relays in.  That turned out to be the most cost effective
solution I could find at the hardware store.  It is the kind of mailbox
that opens from both ends - so that would make it easier to work with...

Had I not mounted the u-bolts such that one of the doors is bolted
shut.

I used a chassis punch (like the one we used to use for octal sockets)
to make holes in the bottom to run the coax through.

Tree