[WVARC] Craig and Chris Olin

Steve Mercanet steve.mercanet@sitecarver.com
Sun, 29 Sep 2002 11:25:50 -0400

I just received this email from Dave Graska:

Steve,

I never knew Craig.  He died sometime before I met Chris in about 1996.  I believe Craig died in a car accident, but I'm kind of guessing on that.

Chris had multiple physical problems, mostly stemming from severe diabetes.  When I met him he was blind and could barely walk and was on dialysis.  Because of the diabetes, he ended up with a leg amputation and shortly after decided to stop dialysis.  This was about in 1999 (subsequent email from Don: "I just check my files and Chris died in Feb. of 1998.").

Chris' father Don, died about a year ago or so as the result of a very severe stroke suffered a few months before that.

Carole, the mother is alive and doing well in Oxnard.  I see, or talk to her at least once a year.

I hope this helps.  Let me know if I can be of any other service to you.

Dave Graska
Scout Executive

- Steve