[WVARC] CR6 Slaaaaaaam Peecaan

Joseph M. Wade w6yr@arrl.net
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 10:14:56 -0700

HGU and NWK used to like to dunk the basketball with the aid of a step
ladder at NWK's house.  I don't remember the part about eating pecans and
dunking one in the trash, but I do remember Bruce and Steve dunking the
basketball and yelling Slaaaaaam Peecaan.  That horsing around led to some
on the air shenanagans where CR6SP (operated by three hams whose callsigns I
won't mention for fear of FCC action) was on the air working pileups of US
hams surprised to hear to phonetics Slaaaam Peecaan.  But a lot of stations
were worked.  I think the callsign of the QSL manager given out was K6UJW!

If Bruce is reading the messages he may have something to add to this story.

Joe

-----Original Message-----
From: wvarc-admin@kkn.net [mailto:wvarc-admin@kkn.net]On Behalf Of John
Musselman WB6UHF
Sent: Monday, September 16, 2002 8:47 AM
To: WVARC
Subject: Re: [WVARC] Steve

We've all been passing messages about "Greg,  not Craig!!!".  Oh my God,
that was funny.  I also put a message up about Joe, who started the whole
thing about "CR6 Slam Pecan".  He was eating pecans and dropped one.  Then
threw it in the trash and thought of "Slam Pecan".  Later, it became a call
sign to confuse anyone.