[WVARC] Re: SFV ARC

Tree tree@kkn.net
Sun, 15 Sep 2002 13:56:35 -0700

On Sat, Sep 14, 2002 at 06:33:56PM -0700, Josh Fiden wrote:

> I just read the sample exchange for NA sprint on the NCJ site and the
> name was "Tree". I haven't known too many people by that name and gosh
> I guess you're one and the same. Thought I'd say hello and just
> curious if you're still in contact with anyone from the club. I was 14
> (1973) then and licensed as WA6VUD. I was out of radio for quite a few
> years, but came back around 2 years ago.

Hi Josh - thanks for the note.  I have your novice card here (not filled
out).

Very interesting that you have chosen now to drop me a line.  The West
Valley Amateur Radio Club is sort of enjoying a resurgence.  I have been
busy digging up old members and putting them on a mailing list.

Was it that club, and not the San Fernando Valley ARC that you are
thinking of?  We have the following people on the list so far:

WA6CSN - Tom Musselman (currently not licensed)
WA6CXA - Stew Cogan (KC7FT)
WB6EDM - Jon Forrest
WB6EYQ - Ed Schneider (AA6O)
WB6FUE - Mike Seedman (AA6DY)
WB6FVY - Stever Mercanet (KC7NFX)
WN6HEI - Kevin Reilly (currently not licensed) - found, not on list
WB6HGU - Bruce Bishop (K6OY)
WB6KJI - David Hodge (AA6RX / N6AN)
WA6KKP - Dennis Bishop (N6RN)
WB6KPN - Matt Futterman (N6PN)
WA6LOW - Mike Cassidy (WA6LOW) - found - may not be on list.
WB6OLD - Leigh Jones (KR6X)
WA6OTU - Mark Beckwith (N5OT)
K6OVJ  - Dennis Mowers (K5YA) - used to operate CW contests at K6QYB.
WA6PNN - Rob Schneider (N6MR)
WA6PXY - Craig Caston (AA6PY)
WB6SST - James Musselman (KO6P)
WA6TLV - Bob Wilson (N6TV)
WB6TQS - Mark Flavin (N5MF)
WB6UHF - John Musselman
WB6UJY - Thad Dudzik
WB6VFJ - Ken "Magnet" Beals (WK6F)
WB6VZI - Marty Woll (N6VI)
WB6YNI - Joe Wade (W6YR)
WB6ZVC - Larry "Tree" Tyree (N6TR)

Some of those guys were long gone before you showed up however.
But, if some of those calls look familar, then you shoul hook
yourself up with the list and bounce memories off of others.