[WVARC] Field Days

Matt Futterman, N6PN n6pn@prodigy.net
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 19:59:51 -0700

John Musselman WB6UHF wrote:

>But help me remember:
>
>1967 - above Valley Center Blvd on some new house lots
>1968 - new house lots south of Ventura / Taft High
>1969 - Rancho San Julian / Santa Barbara Co.
>1970 - Contractors Point

1967 - Rancho San Julian / Santa Barbara Co.
1968 - above Valley Center Blvd on some new house lots
1969 - new house lots south of Ventura / Taft High
1970 - Contractors Point

Ranch San Julian, 1967, was, in fact, the Quality Radio Men Field Day.

The first "official" WVARC Field Day was in 1968 above Valley Center.
I was given the responsibility of organizing that Field Day.  Needless
say, it was pure chaos.

In 1969 we did really decently, given that we didn't have anything
fancy.

1970 was the prototype Field Day for several very successful outings
that followed.  By that time, we started getting serious about our FDs.