[WVARC] Bios

Matt Futterman, N6PN n6pn@prodigy.net
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 09:26:26 -0700

Tree wrote:
>We can write a "history of the WVARC" with various
>people contributing the pieces they remember best.

Perhaps Leigh can help me with the very early years.
What became the WVARC actually started out as
the WVRCA - The West Valley Rag Chewers Association -
in 1965.  He, I, WB6PCU, WB6NNU and perhaps a few
other guys who didn't even know it, were members.

In 1966 or 1967, there was a seminal Field Day
manned by WB6SST, WB6UHF, WB6THM
and myself (am I forgetting anyone else?) where
we called ourselves the Quality Radio Men.
The melding of this group with the remnants
of the WVRCA became the WVARC.