[WVARC] More to locate

Leigh S. Jones kr6x@kr6x.com
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 21:03:54 -0700

OK, here are a couple more we might attempt to locate:

WB6NNU: I think Matt probably knows best where to
start looking for him.  I believe he was the only early
member of the WVARC with a Collins S-line.

WB6PRX: He was also a member of the WVRCA as a
novice.  I bought a bamboo triband quad from him for
$10.  It was my first beam.

W6AQ: Has to be considered an honorary member for
all of the great publicity he got for the club.  And speaking
of the movie we should probably give an honorary
membership to Charlene.  Wasn't her call WB6FFE or
something like that?

Then there's WA6BWG.  He and his father, I think he was
WB6ZEB, lived quite close to my parents home in
Granada Hills.  We sometimes shared rides to the meetings.

I remember a girl who operated the 15M/75M phone
station during the 5A Field Day above Valley Circle,
but I don't remember her callsign.  It might be on Tree's
list already.  She turned in some of the highest rates of
any Field Day operator we ever had.  And what was
the callsign of the guy who built those great quick
assembly portable quads with the wooden spreaders
that we used that year?

And for about 30 years Matt has been bugging me about
a phono Y adaptor that he lost at one Field Day.  Anyone
know who got that?