[WVARC] WVARC

Joseph M. Wade w6yr@arrl.net
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 11:11:10 -0700

I remember Tom K6UKX very.  He was a great guy and had a big signal from
somewhere in the center of the valley.  I had no idea, though, that the SFV
DX Club still existed.  Lee, K6BTT who was pretty active in that club is a
very close friend of my cousins husband who is KK6KL.  Lee has put together
a dream station up in the hills of Camarillo.

I would be happy to prepare the application for the old callsign and pay the
fees to get it reactivated.  I will get the paperwork together this weekend
and circulate it to three others of you.

By the way, what was the callsign of the guy in Canoga Park that was on 20
Meter AM running about 5 KW that always ended his transmission with Combio
Combio?  Also what was the callsign of the guy on Sherman Way (I think) that
had the 2 element 40 meter quad?  I think he was on AM, too.

Finally, I have old WVARC bulletins somewhere in my garage.  I will try to
find them and look for other members that we might have missed.  What
happened to Phil, WB6TVH?

Joe