[TexasARDF] 2 meter fox equipment

JR Byford k5cqb at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 25 23:28:18 PST 2011

Hi Bill,
Sorry for the late reply but I haven't had much use on my fox so I didn't feel qualified to reply.  I am using a PicCon controller.  I bought it as a kit and it is really easy to build and program.  So far it works great.  My radio is a HTX-202 with a blown final.  It is putting out about 100mw and with the HTX-202 using a rubber duck I usually pick it up about 1 to 1.5 miles away with my receiver also using a rubber duck.  I will be putting this in a ammo can and powering it with a spare 12v sla battery.  At 100mw it should run for quite some time.
73,
Jim
K5CQB