[TexasARDF] ARDF championships update

Kenneth E. Harker kenharker at kenharker.com
Fri May 2 20:38:22 PDT 2008

A few updates:

* A complete list of all registrations received is now online:
  http://www.texasardf.org/usa2008/registration.shtml
  If you are expecting to see yourself there and you're not - email
  me ASAP.

* The schedule page has been updated slightly:
  http://www.texasardf.org/usa2008/schedule.shtml
  The competitor meeting has been moved back one hour to allow for
  an Introduction to ARDF session beforehand.  If you absolutely cannot
  attend the competitor meeting, please let me know ASAP.

* The locations to meet at both days are now on the schedule page.
  We will have signage up in the park from the entrance to direct you.
  On Thursday and Saturday, HQ will be at the picnic shelter of the
  Copperas Creek campground.  On Friday, meet HQ will be at the Group
  Dining Hall.

* Competitors are responsible for their own park admissions fees.  I
  recommend that you sign up for all three days when you arrive on
  Thursday.  You may take and use the standard park map.  This will
  show you, among other things, where the Group Dining Hall, Copperas
  Creek Campground, restrooms with showers, and other useful places
  in the park are located.

* The park sells a copy of the orienteering map we will be using, with
  the locations of a permanent orienteering course marked on it.
  Competitors are not allowed to examine this map until after the
  competition is over.  Do not ask to look at it, do not buy it, do
  not try to get someone else to buy it so you can look at it until
  after the competition is over.  Any competitor that does so will
  be subject to disqualification.

* The homing beacon on 80 meters will use the frequency 3.546 MHz.

As we come up with other updates, we'll let everyone know.

--
Kenneth E. Harker WM5R
kenharker at kenharker.com
http://www.kenharker.com/