[TexasARDF] [ARDF] TRO 2M AM Frequency

Gerald Boyd wb8wfk at worldnet.att.net
Sun Jan 27 15:18:09 PST 2008

What we did for the homing beacon frequency is worked out an agreement with
the NM repeater frequency coordinator to hold off an unused repeater input
in the 144 segment (144.890).

Other possibilities may be the use of the area set-aside for prop beacons
(144.275 -144.300) (don't use FM there).

Interesting about 145.565 repeater QRM. According to the band plan (145.4 to
145.8 is for miscellaneous and experimental modes. Does Ohio have a
different band plan to accommodate a higher number of repeaters?

If there is a lot of packet activity in the event area would recommend
staying at least 50 KHz away from 145.01,03,05,07,09 for any Euro visitors
with wide band AM VHF receivers.

I also recommend staying below 146 for our visitors. It would be best to
stay away from any repeater outputs if possible.

This brings up something I was talking to our group about. On our current
FPGA based SDR prototype I have a bank of 4 pre-programmed frequencies for
development testing with out the processor (standalone mode). Mike is now
working on the processor module user interface code that uses an LCD display
and joystick interface for field setup. It would be nice to have a block of
standard frequencies identified for ARDF that that could be preprogrammed
into the controller and have options for common used presets. It also will
have direct frequency input via the Joystick.

So my question is what frequencies are in use by the different US groups.

For NM.
VHF We are using 145.565 - and sometimes 146.565 for primary FOX. Using
144.890 for home (unless it gets assigned to a repeater). Also have 147.565
programmed in to the controller's code but never use it.

HF Using 3.5795 Fox and 3.546 for home.

Jerry