[Ncdxf-bod-sub] TX3X Chesterfield Island 2015 grant request

Don Greenbaum don at aurumtel.com
Sat Jan 24 11:39:53 PST 2015

Nice recap Ned.

A few items need clarification but will not affect my vote to approve a
$10,000 grant to TX3X.

No 17mtrs?  Must be a typo.

They are expecting on $23,000 in support from the ham community directly
($13K in donations and $10K OQRS).  That is incredibly low unless they
expect to work mostly EU (not likely from TX).   The good news, they are
sharing the excess with donors.  I would suggest they be very aggressive in
their plans to raise more pre operational support (ala the K1N boys).

So, all in all, I would vote yes for a $10K grant.

Don
N1DG