[Ncdxf-bod-sub] Navassa Island DXpedtion revised budget and letter of explanation...

Ned Stearns aa7a at cox.net
Wed Nov 19 17:41:24 PST 2014

On 11/17/2014 2:05 PM, W6OTC wrote:> To:  NCDXF *_sub-group_* of the BOD
to consider the Navassa application:

 > On balance, I still recommend a grant in the area of $40k (down from
 > 5x/op to a little less that 4x/op).  This would leave them about $23k
 > short on their budgeted costs but I continue to think OQRS income is
 > probably understated.
 >
 > *_If you have comments or questions, please send them to this subgroup
 > now._*

Wow. I think the DXpedition team has absorbed the brunt if this most
recent expense hit pretty much. I think a $40K-ish grant is reasonable
given the circumstances. I do not favor waiting another year...these
guys ain't getting any younger and what prop conditions we have will
soon be on the downward slide.

That's the way I see it.

Ned
AA7A