[FQP] de the "O" in W D FOUR A H Z

wo4o - RiC wo4o.radio at gmail.com
Tue May 1 12:08:29 PDT 2018

Had a few visits from uninvited guest "Murphy" trying to crash my party.
Plus ... some silly op errors and omissions.

1. My TCVR would intermittently shut off in the middle of transmitting.
Eventually discovered the Power cable connection to the radio was loose.
(Listen for the 'snap'.) Duh!

2. My Bencher paddle would occasionally not respond when sending by hand.
Discovered the cable connection to WinKeyer was loose. What the ... another
Duh! (When re-routing cables prior to contest, ensure all connections are
deeply seated when mated.)

3. My efforts to simultaneously feed two Yagis with one NE and another NW
for a larger footprint, failed. Eventually discovered a relay in the new
SixPak was sticking which adversely affected the StackMatch. (Could've
changed SP ports &/or added a T-connector?)

4. Wasted too much valuable time on 15m. It was open, but few took advantage
of it. (Perhaps should've QSYed from 20m to 15m only when asked by a caller
wanting the 15m Q.)

5. Failed to self-spot. Thought the rules prohibited it. (Later learned
there's an exception for FL 1x1 Spelling Bee ops. Oops!)

Lessons learned (maybe). Another FUN Party nonetheless! CU next year?

... de the "O" in W D FOUR A H Z. (Ron: R.I.P.)

               FL QSOPARTY Summary Sheet

       Start Date : 2018-04-28

    CallSign Used : K4O

      Operator(s) : WO4O

Operator Category : SINGLE-OP

             Band : ALL

            Power : HIGH (LOW on 40m SSB)

             Mode : MIXED

Default Exchange : LAK

       Gridsquare : EL98DV

             Name : RiC Morton

          Address : 12902 Honey Blossom Dr

   City/State/Zip : Grand Island  FL  32735-8949

          Country : UNITED STATES

     ARRL Section : NFL

        Club/Team : FLORIDA CONTEST GROUP

         Software : N1MM Logger+ 1.0.7144.0