[FQP] KJ4LQX - Preliminary Results

Marty Grove marty at kj4lqx.com
Mon Apr 30 06:30:47 PDT 2018

Camped out in Flamingo campground at about the most southern tip of the
Florida mainland as one can get.  The road in to the Everglades starts out
in Miami-Dade and passes Long Pine Key campground. couldn't camp there since
it was still in Dade county.  Gotta drive another 35 miles and cross in to
Monroe county to get Flamingo campground.

I want to give my log a once-over before submission but the preliminary
results are:

40m       164 q's

20m       269 q's

15m       1 q

Total Q's :   434

Score:  24,304

Worked 47 of 50 states.  And had 13 DX contacts.  Tried and tried 15- and
10-meters on/off all weekend but only worked one station on 15.  I'll need
to look, but I believe 434 q's is a personal best for me doing remote ops,
single op non-assisted, barefoot SSB only.

KJ4LQX