[FQP] [FCG] FQP Mobile antennas

charlie carroll k1xx at k1xx.com
Sun Apr 8 10:06:35 PDT 2018

Jeff:
A type 31 mix will do.  Depending upon how many cores you have
available, I would put 1 or 2 cores at the base of the antenna. Put as
many turns as possible through the cores; someplace in the neighborhood
7-8 would be good.  If you have enough cores, put another 1 or 2 at the
radio with a similar number of turns.  Yes, you will need a bit more
than 6 feet of cable!  The point is to choke off the currents flowing on
the shield as close to the antenna as possible.

73 charlie, k1xx