[FQP] Two Clubs Using FQP as an Operator Training Ground!

Christopher Blake cqdenx4n at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 04:58:44 PDT 2018

Hello FQP Fans,
I want to make you aware of two clubs that are using FQP to train newer
operators on the joys of contesting and operating in general:

1. Al, K0AL reports:
*The **Tamiami Amateur Radio Club of Venice *will be operating SSB both
Saturday and Sunday from my station in Nokomis. These are non-contesters
that I have been trying to introduce to such... Probably 40 and 20 only.
Last year we did manage to work WAS, which was BIG DEAL to most who
participated. Most have never had the pleasure of using beams at 95 feet!!
We will be using the call *W4AC*.

2. Lee, KX4TT reports:
*The Tampa ARC *will be training new operators on SSB contesting during
FQP.  Operations will likely be on Saturday and perhaps Sunday and will
help prepare our new ops for Field Day.  We will be using the call *N4TP *with
Big antennas - we will be heard!

*HUGE appreciation to Al and Lee *for leading these activities to grow our
hobby and the contesting community!  Thanks guys!
If you hear these stations on please work them.

*Action Please:*
Please forward this message to your local clubs and encourage/lead them to
do the same.  I'd love to hear from other clubs if they are using FQP as a
way to train new ops.
Please have them contact me directly at cqdenx4n at gmail.com to let me know
of their operating plans.

73,