[FQP] N1MM+ in the FQP"

Robert Chudek - K0RC k0rc at citlink.net
Mon May 1 11:06:21 PDT 2017

Thanks for all the Q's George!

N1MM+ "tries" to help keep mistakes out of logging but as you
discovered, sometimes that feature gets in the way. You can force log
anything when you are aware of the procedure. Here's their explanation:

  * *Force logging*- The program tries to help you by validating what
    you copy as the Exchange, but if it is balking and you don;'t want
    to stop to figure it out, you can force logging with
    *Ctrl+Alt+Enter*. A small Note window will pop up, pre-filled with
    the words "Forced QSO". You can type over to remind yourself later
    what you copied, or simply hit Enter to log the default note.

I don't know answers for #2 and #3. You can post inquiries on their
reflector: N1MMLoggerplus at yahoogroups.com

Here's my QSO summary of FL mobiles I worked from Minnesota:

*Heavy**
**Hitters* 	*Logged**
**QSOs*
K4OJ/M 	32
N4EEB/M 	29
NO5W/M 	28
K4KG/M 	26
AD4ES/M 	25
K8MR/M 	23
W4AN/M 	22
N4FP/M 	16
N4GI/M 	13
KN4Y/M 	12
K4ZGB/M 	11
N4DAB/M 	8

I worked 66 of 67 counties, missing GULF. There's no one to blame but
myself for that faux pas. . . I am not an early morning person and I
slept through my opportunities for making a QSO with that county.
Begging later in the contest did not help! :-)

The MN <> FL skip path is ideal on 20m and propagation was more or less
decent. But there were times with deep QSB where even during the short
exchange a signal would dive into the noise. Other times stations were
+20 to +30 dB over S-9 up here!

For those who want to slice and dice their Cabrillo log to get
statistics, you can download my FL Log Analyzer from here:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Am7cWbf-YWzZnE_oHw4iBKIycw3I  You will find Rev
2.0.8 for all non-mobile logs, whether in- or out-of-state.

There is a separate FL Mobile Log Analyzer Rev 2.0.5 exclusively for the
FL mobile operators. This Excel workbook assumes a consolidated Cabrillo
file will be imported. The analyzer then parses the "performance" of
each county visited in chronological order.

Here's my summary for the 2017 FQP event:

       FL QSOPARTY Summary Sheet
        Start Date : 2017-04-29
     CallSign Used : K0RC
       Operator(s) : K0RC