[FQP] WCF RBN, perhaps helpful to FQP participants

K9TM k9tm at buckeye-express.com
Fri Mar 31 19:19:57 PDT 2017

I have a Reverse Beacon Node (K9TM-4) setup at my WCF QTH (Charlotte County).  It has been running for a little over 3 weeks now.  It is setup to provide CW spots for 160m, 80m, 40m, 20m, 15m and 10m.

This could be useful for out of state FQP participants to see if they have a path to FL.  Think the band (say 10m or maybe even 15m) is dead, give a couple of CQ’s and see if K9TM-4 spots you.  If you go to www.reversebeacon.net and put in your call, it will only show spots for your call.  Since you’re only seeing your call and not the call of others,  it’s not spotting assistance and any participant should be able to take advantage of this (even if not in an assisted category).  If you send CQ CQ call call, RBN nodes should pick you up and provide a spot.  Of course if you’re in an assisted or multi-op category you can use the spots provided like any other node.

My understanding is that it is the only active RBN node in FL and hopefully some may find it useful.

73, Tim K9TM