[FQP] County Line QSOs

K9TM k9tm at buckeye-express.com
Fri Mar 31 16:37:00 PDT 2017

Jim,

Here’s what I read in the rules (and how I coded my logging program).  It’s up to someone with FQP rules authority to give an official answer if this is correct or not but given what the rules say…

Given the FQP rules it appears possible for a FL mobile on a 2 county line to give another FL station 8 QSO’s maximum and 2 mults maximum (assuming FL is not already worked).  That’s QSO’s on 40CW, 40PH, 20CW, 20PH, 15CW, 15PH, 10CW and 10PH for the 8 QSO’s and FL on CW, FL on PH.

Since it says county hunters rules apply and county hunters (marac anyway) says no more than 2 counties at the same time for credit… this seems to be the logical conclusion.

Given that FL to FL stations exchange county but count as FL for mult purposes, the logger should have no problem seeing these as non duplicate QSO’s for QSO credit and FL on both modes for mult credit.

What would be real fun is two FL mobiles on 2 county lines QRB and you’d get even more fun for both stations :)

73, Tim K9TM