[FQP] Mobiles on APRS

Alan Sewell N5NA acsewell at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 09:31:12 PDT 2017

It appears there may only be a couple of mobiles using APRS for the
FQP.  Searching aprs.fi I only found AD4ES and NO5W with a recent
presence on APRS.  Hopefully both will be running APRS during the QSO party.

I really enjoy using APRS to follow QSO party mobiles.  It's easy to
spot when they are in a new county or about to enter a new county. It
would be nice if ALL the mobiles would give APRS a try.  With an iPhone
or Android you can be on APRS in just a few minutes and it uses very
little data.

Here is an aprs.fi map with a Florida county overlay showing the last
location of AD4ES.

<https://goo.gl/Jyvimk>

You can easily show multiple stations by separating them by a space in
the aprs.fi search box.

How about it.  Can we get more mobiles on APRS?

73, Alan N5NA