[FQP] [FCG] FQP Confirmed Mobiles as of 4/8/17

Charles Sanders no5w.chuck at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 06:11:14 PDT 2017

Here are some thoughts that come to mind. Apologies if you have tried them
all already. Hope you are able to get the issues resolved.

Regarding rig control via the rigblaster -- have you used Device Manager to
verify that Win 10 is actually seeing the rigblaster and if so which port
it is on and whether that is the port defined in the logging program
(N1MM+?) It could be a driver problem or Win 10 could have changed the port
that is used to communicate with the rigblaster.

Regarding keying of the radio -- I assume you are keying using a line (DTR
or RTS) on the serial port and since this is a new laptop you are probably
using a USB to RS232 adapter to realize the serial port. Is this the same
adapter you have used in the past? Do you have another adapter you could
try? Is the logging program configured to use the correct port and to use
the DTR/RTS line properly?

How does the radio behave if you just key it with a straight key or paddle
at the desired power level? Does the computer crash or have problems
indicating RFI is present? How does the whole system behave if you set the
power out of the radio to near zero?

By locking up do you mean that the radio goes into a key down condition and
is otherwise unresponsive to the keying from the logging program? Is the
logging program/computer locking up or is it perhaps just the USB to RS232
adapter?

73 es GL
Chuck/NO5W