[FQP] Proposed FQP Rule Change

wo4o - RiC wo4o.radio at gmail.com
Wed May 4 07:45:13 PDT 2016

According to the FQP Rules, "home" stations (in Florida and out of state)
should not call CQ or "run" stations in a "window" designated for mobiles.
This makes perfect sense to me. It also makes sense to me that "mobile"
stations (in Florida and out of state) should not call CQ or "run" stations
in a "window" designated for "home" stations. So, if you agree, can there be
an addition to the FQP rules starting in 2017?

As a proposed solution to give the same size "window" to the "home"
stations, please add the following language to the rules:

8)(B) Fixed Windows. "Mobile" stations (in Florida and out of state) should
not call CQ or "run" stations in this fixed "window".

CW 7.020-7.025 and 7.035-7.040

CW 14.035-14.040 and 14.050-14.055

CW 21.035-21.040 and 21.050-21.055

CW 28.035-28.040 and 28.050-28.055

When I'm operating the FQP from a home station and I'm calling CQ and
"running" stations outside the mobile window and then a FQP mobile moves
into my 250 Hz band-pass and begins calling CQ and running stations, that
mobile station is causing QRM and disrupting my operating (deliberately or
not). Likewise, I understand that home stations calling CQ and running
stations inside the "window" designated for mobiles is causing QRM and
disrupting the operation of the mobile (deliberately or not). Therefore, why
shouldn't home stations have an equal size window during the FQP and expect
mobile stations to refrain from calling CQ and running stations in the
window designated for home stations?

This is not presented to create unnecessary controversy or consternation. I
believe my point is valid. Therefore, if you disagree, please offer a
reasonable, rational, justifiable explanation in a civilized, constructive
manner. "Reply to All" to share it with the group.

In advance, thank you, for your consideration.

Kudos to all who make the FQP the success it is!

73, de ric, wo4o

wo4o.radio at gmail.com