[FQP] Mobile spotting

Charles Sanders no5w.chuck at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 12:22:39 PDT 2015

NO5W/m will be in a (sorta) Gold 2002 Pathfinder with a single HI-Q 4/80
antenna mounted on the trailer hitch.

I only recall two mobile spottings in the 6-7 years I've been mobile in FQP.

One year right at the start in Bay county at the intersection of Highways
20 and 231 we pulled up to the stop light and I heard some "disturbance" in
the headphones. I looked over to my left and in the vehicle beside us I
could see K4BAI hammering out the Qs with KU8E in the driver's seat of the
W4AN mobile. They were probably already 100 Qs ahead of us:>) We stopped
for a quick eyeball Q and a bio break and invented a new Q-signal QRH -- is
this highway in use? John and Jeff agreed to let us get a 20 minute head
start down Hwy 20 east into Calhoun. We didn't see them again until we met
up for dinner with K1TO, K5KG, et al in Orange Park.

Another year my wife was driving and shouted out "Here comes one" just as
Charlie-NF4A blew by us going the other direction in either Franklin or
Gulf. Charlie's a quick tuner as he gave me a Q seconds later in answer to
my next CQ:>)

Hopefully this year will add some more mobile spottings. And of course all
types of spottings are good and are welcomed!

73/Chuck/NO5W