[FQP] Keyer

John Bescher n4dxi at aol.com
Thu May 9 15:29:14 PDT 2013

Several years ago I purchased an iambic paddle TP-2 from Larry Naumann, N0SA.

According to his web site, he is now retired and no longer machines keyers.  However, he still has some stock or will make one on demand.  See his web site.

The key is a bargain.

The TP-2 is not glistening with chrome, there is no Palladium base, no red jewels adore the top, no exotic African wood finger pieces, no sparkling gold highlights, no red plastic adjustment knobs. Just fine workmanship and a very straightforward appearance.

The footprint of the key is significantly smaller than most paddles, yet it is heavy and does not move around when keyed.

The TP-2 is a workhorse, 4 ball bearings and magnetic tension, no springs, no plastic. There is no plastic cover, there is no choice in finger pieces.

This is not a key that you put under glass and just show off to visitors. This is a solid, well built, smooth, no nonsense iambic paddle.

If you want an iambic paddle that is reliable and extremely stable at a reasonable price, this is it.

If you have any questions, an email to N0SA is answered mostly on the same day.

I am very pleased with my TP-2 and use it over my Bencher, Ham Key and Begali.

John Bescher, N4DXI