[FQP] FQP and county line stations

Jeff Clarke ku8e at bellsouth.net
Sun Mar 24 18:56:29 PDT 2013

I can probably speak for all of us that go rovering in FQP the reason we all
do it is because we enjoy the big pileups we generate as we go from county
to county. If you choose right route with lots of counties you can have a
perpetual pileup the whole contest like K4KG and K1TO. If you parked on a
county line running more than one county you are going to have your pileup
die down faster. Plus you are going to have to drive thru one of the
counties you just ran with terrible rate until you get to your next county
line.

I'm not really sure how the rules are written that if you do that you get
credited for one or two QSO's. I know many of the QSO Party prohibit this.
CU All at the end of April....

Jeff KU8E     a.k.a W4AN/m team