[FQP] FQP and county line stations

Robert Chudek - K0RC k0rc at citlink.net
Sun Mar 24 15:33:09 PDT 2013

Hello FQPers...

The Florida QSO Party is one which allows (encourages?) county line
operations by stations. There are explicit details in section 7)
Scoring, (B) Multipliers, (2) paragraph which state: /"//Florida
stations on a county line may be claimed as a QSO and a multiplier from
each county (2 QSO's and 2 multipliers)//"./

I am interested to know how county-line stations log contacts during the
contest. During FQP I might hear "CQ FQP de W4XYZ/LAK/POL/SUM" where a
station is operating from the corners of Lake, Polk, and Sumter.

In my log, I end up with three W4XYZ QSOs in a row, with each unique
county designator assign to each QSO. This is straight forward.

My questions are regarding what logging software do you use as a
county-line station? And what is the process for logging these multiple
contacts? Do you log them as three QSOs at that moment, or one QSO and
expand the log later, or what?

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN