[FQP] Florida QSO Party - KØRC SO(A)HP

Robert Chudek - K0RC k0rc at citlink.net
Sun Apr 28 16:06:12 PDT 2013

You can import your Cabrillo log into the Florida QSO Party Log Analyzer
and pull some quick stats. Download a copy from here:

DropBox:  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9wujl9yqoh7bkrr/hMXXUkGWSy

SkyDrive:  http://tinyurl.com/82en6wd

Here's the N1MM Score Summary:

         Band  Mode  QSOs    Pts  Mul
            7  CW      29      58    1
            7  LSB     14      14    0
           14  CW     292     584   66
           14  USB     77      77   46
           21  CW      29      58    0
           21  USB     31      31    6
        Total  Both   472     822  119

             Score : 97,818

Here's the list of "mobile heavy hitters" from my log:
K4KG/M 	44
NX4N/M 	34
NO5W/M 	27
K1XX/M 	26
K5YAA/M 	23
K4OJ/M 	21
N4GI/M 	18
N4AO/M 	16
AD8J/M 	15
N4EEB/M 	15
W5WMU/M 	13
W4FCG/M 	10
KN4Y/M 	8
N4FP/M 	7

358 CW
124 SSB
482 Total (includes 10 dupes)
116 Unique call signs logged

67 CW counties
52 SSB counties

Claimed score: 97,818

Soapbox: I think conditions were down slightly from last year, with
signals at whisper levels at the beginning, but improved as the day(s)
unfolded. Mobiles K4KG and NX4N held 1st and second place in the number
of QSOs logged again this year. I had only set a goal for a sweep, which
came on Sunday about 15:44 when I worked K1XX/m in Desoto. I started
concentrating on working more SSB multipliers this year to help with
push the score toward 100K.

My station is an IC-756 Pro III with an IC-2KL running about 300 Watts
up to a HyGain TH-11DX at 72 feet. A sloping vertical wire dipole is
used on 40m. I took a few breaks here and there. N1MM tells me I was
active 17:48 out of 20:00.

I know I unknowingly duped a number of stations. With the multiple
formats of spots being posted, I found it easy to fall into the trap of
calling a second (sometimes a third) time before I realized it was a QSO
B4. Please accept my apology for wasting time and for you guys not
complaining at the moment. When I realized the dupe, the QSO was already
half completed and went into the log as an insurance contact!

Thunderstorms are rolling in here at the moment, so they held off until
the QSO Party was over.

I enjoyed the FQP again this year! Thanks for all the activity, and the
'future work' that I know will need to be done in compiling and posting
the results!

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN