[FQP] FQP Digest, Vol 81, Issue 1

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Wed May 2 12:29:59 PDT 2012

Thanks, Dan,

Actually, during the contest I didn't have the foggiest idea of whether
I was close to, or far from, contacting all 15 Special Events Stations.

Had I known how close I was I might have devoted some time trying to
find W4A.   I "sorta knew" that I needed to work some specific
stations.  I also "sorta guessed" that I had worked quite a number of
them but was surprised to find 14 of them in the log.  If you do this
again, I might keep track and be diligent in finding them all.   My main
goal was to make a few contacts, and occasionally beat out a "high
power" station in a pileup.

Some stations who were VERY LOUD, would call CQ right in the face when I
was calling them.  Others, fairly weak, (some who reported later running
High Power) would pick me out and get all my info first time.  Often
folks would ask for fills, some times again and again, for my call, or
my state, and then thank me for "my" patience when it was "their"
patience and copying ability which completed the contact.  Thanks to all
those considerate folks!

73 de n8xx Hg
Operator of WQ8RP during FQP 2012