[FQP] N4S (VE3DZ & N4BP)

BP n4bp at bellsouth.net
Tue May 1 05:54:07 PDT 2012

           28  USB     10      10    1
        Total  Both  2612    3638  203

             Score : 738,514

               Rig : At N4BP: K3, AL-1500
                     At N8PR: IC-7600, LK-800C

          Antennas : At N4BP: A4S @ 65ft, 40/80 Trap Dipole @ 62ft
                     At N8PR: SteppIR, 2el 40M Yagi @ 70ft

           Soapbox : Saturday M/2, Sunday M/S
For our M/2 Saturday, we set up a band schedule and closely adhered to
it to ensure we would not have both modes on the same band at any time.
  That seemed to work perfectly, although we both alternated good hourly
rates and not so good when we were forced off the ideal band.  RTTY: Not
a problem.  I had one RTTY station try to set up on my run frequency of
7036, but he moved within a minute and no further problem was
experienced.  I doubt if anyone seriously attempting the 1X1 sweep
missed it due to us.  We had both stations on for the full ten hours
Saturday, and kept the M/S at home on for the other ten.  As so many
others mentioned, conditions seemed much better on Saturday.  Of our
2600 QSO's, nearly 2000 of them were on Saturday.  Since multipliers
didn't contribute to the score, we tried to stick with bands that
produced volume (mults shown on summary sheet anyhow, just out of
curiosity).  Both the stations at home and at N8PR worked near perfectly
with only a couple of very brief down times.  Our sincere thanks to
Pete, N8PR for allowing me to invade his home on Saturday!  And lastly,
Yuri VE3DZ is one fine SSB operator (For anyone who knows Yuri, they
will realize I'm teasing him as we both consider ourselves CW ops!).
--
73,     Bob Patten, N4BP                Plantation, FL

E-Mail :   n4bp at arrl.net                Website: http://www.qsl.net/n4bp
SOC #1          ARS #799                QRP ARCI #3412       FISTS #7871
FP #1491                                SMIRK #6625