[FQP] FQP Rovers Sited

Jeff Clarke ku8e at bellsouth.net
Mon Apr 30 15:41:06 PDT 2012

We ran across three rovers but don't know they were. First was on Saturday
parked on the Madison/Hamilton county line. We were headed east on Florida
Route 6 to get to I-75. 2nd sighting was on Sunday on Florida 44 at the Lake
/Sumter county line. We were heading west on 44. Last sighting was just
after the contest  ended , near Crawfordsville on US 319. I pretty sure it
was KN4Y heading home. A white van with antennas on the top. We had seen him
before in the Ala QSO Party.

John and I had a great time. We ended up driving over 1200 miles during the
weekend. Meet up with the KG team for breakfast in Jacksonville on Sunday
morning. A big thanks to George for loaning us an extra magnet mount after
we found a problem with ours on Sunday morning. K4BAI should have a full
report on 3830.

Jeff KU8E   for W4AN Rover team