[FQP] CQ/X Elmers

Chuck Green chuck at addressnmail.com
Fri Apr 27 12:59:54 PDT 2012

I made great strides with cq/x today.  Solved issue after issue.  When on a trial trip, after
inserting a new county crossing that included the county I was currently located in, all worked well.
I do have a questions regarding CQ/X.

1. Each time I start CQ/X and tell it I am continuing the previous log I still have to enter and set
up a bazillion things including radio interface and com port assignments, crossing map etc.  Why is
this so and can it be fixed?

2. When we enter a call, hit <cr> or space we still do not know it is a dup until we enter their
report.  Why aren't dups indicated in the entry window based on the call especially since the mode
and frequency are a known item.

3.  Does creation of a crossing file, assuming that it is very accurate, enhance the ability of CQ/X
to determine a county crossing?

4. If we use a crossing file and due to construction or some other anomaly have to change route on
the fly and actually skip a county are we doomed?

I am not only excited about my new mobile configuration, CQ/X and ARPS will had to the enjoyment.
Very much looking forward to this weekend.

73,
Chuck

--
Chuck Green