[FQP] What Category ??

Ron Wetjen wd4ahz at gte.net
Wed Apr 4 21:25:24 PDT 2012

On 4/4/2012 9:51 PM, K9TM wrote:

> (D) Mobile. Mobile is a station that is self-contained (radio, antenna, power source) capable of motion. Motion is optional.

We don't have a rover class, so we consider portable and mobile the same
thing.

Self-contained can be "Field Day" style, if that's what you want ...
bring everything you need with you.  This prevents someone from pulling
into someone's yard and hooking up to an existing antenna farm ... this
is NOT mobile.

It's been the same rule that's been around for 15 years, and the same
thing that folks have already done.

Ron