[FQP] Ohio QSO Party in 2 weeks!

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Sun Aug 14 20:06:43 PDT 2011

The most fun on the radio, the Ohio QSO Party, is just 2 weeks away on
August 27th.I hope you will spread the word to your club members and
encourage them to get on the air.

The goal of the Buckeye operators is to get fixed stations on from every
Ohio County. The more stations we can get on, the more fun for all.

We welcome any and all participation.Part timers, QRP, indoor antenna,
even station from other states to provide us extra multipliers!

Every station will have fun and add to the excitement on the air.

Lettuce fill the bands with Buckeyes and stations trying to contact
Buckeyes, (Like Folks from Florida) and have a great QSO Party.

Information, rules and operating guides can be found on the official
website: www.ohqp.org <http://www.ohqp.org/>

Paraphrased from the words of Kenny K2KW, Ohio QSO Party Committee -
kenny.k2kw at gmail.com

p.s. Look for n8xx, masquerading as N1L/BROWn from BrownCounty.That was
you can have a “real” N)ot 1)n L)og contact! AND, if you hear me, be
sure to "spot" me on your favorite DX Cluster - this gives an added
boost to operators from "rare" counties like BROWn, which hasn't had a
fixed station operating from a permanent location is recorded history.

p.p.s. - Kenny MIGHT be a bit prejudiced - folks from Florida MIGHT
think the Florida QSO Party, MIGHT be classified as the "most fun on the
radio," but I can personally vouch that the Ohio event is a LOT of fun!