[FQP] FQP 2011 - Easter Weekend

Robert Chudek - K0RC k0rc at citlink.net
Wed May 5 09:28:10 PDT 2010

This is a good question and a good time to be asking it!

Personally, when I am interested in operating a contest I will first see it
'on the list' in the WA7BNM contest calendar. The next 'stop' is always the
contest website to check for the official dates and times. In other words, I
don't track contests by the 'week number of the month' per se. As an
out-of-stater, I only know FQP is 'in the spring, sometime around the end of
April'.

In my case, having the correct information posted 'way ahead of time' is
more important than adhering to the custom of which weekend it is on the
air. In addition, other big contests have been know to be shuffled to a
different date for similar reasons.

I also believe moving the date would be a courtesy to all the operators who
have family gatherings over the Easter weekend.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN