[FQP] FQP certificates (k1to at aol.com)

Jim Kehler kh2d at kh2d.net
Thu Mar 8 14:01:49 PST 2007

My $0.02 worth.

Paper certificates are not worth a tinkers damn.

I don't have the wall space for a bunch of frames, and
one of my hobbies isn't dusting wall hangings.

When somebody sends me a certificate, the first
thing I do is scan it and put it into electronic format.
Then I put it on my web site where the whole world
can see what a wonderful clowntester I am, instead
of having nobody but me and the dog see it (as if
anybody but me and the dog cares).

http://kh2d.net/contest/awards.cfm

Second thing I usually do is lose the paper certificate.

With the average home computer technology today,
it's very simple to scan, use a graphics editor to edit,
and a color lazer to pint all the phony certificates
you want - so I see no validity in paper vs. electronic.

It's 2007. I buy all my stuff online. I pay my bills
online. I do my banking online. I watch the Deeee-X
cluster online. I do my logging with a computer.

No, I don't want a paper certificate in the mail,
electronic version is fine with me....

73, Jim KH2D