[FQP] Scoring

Ron Wetjen wd4ahz at gte.net
Fri Apr 27 13:54:42 PDT 2007

Michael Vondran wrote:

> I am new to contesting and to HF in general.  I was wondering someone could
> step me thru the scoring process.  I have one radio and I am a single
> operator.  I will be using a rig with less than 150w. I am located in Texas.

If you are not using a contest logging program, first thing to do is
download the FQP Log sheet http://www.floridaqsoparty.org/files/fqplog.pdf

and summary sheet
http://www.floridaqsoparty.org/files/fqpsum.pdf

CW QSO's are worth 2 point, Phone are worth 1.

Suppose you work
100 Phone QSOs (100 X 1) = 100 points
25 CW QSO's (25 x 2) = 50 points
Total QSO points (100 + 50) = 150

Now, you worked 25 multipliers (25 counties) on Phone and 10 multipliers
(10 counties) on CW, for a total of 35 multipliers.

Up to this point, your score is 150 QSO points X 35 multipliers = 5,250
points.

You said you will be running Low Power (less than 150W), so your "Power
Multiplier" is 2.  5,250 points X 2 power multiplier = 10,500 which is
your final score.

The "formula" to figure this out is on the Summary sheet.  Your "claimed
score" isn't too critical, since during the log checking process your
score may go up or down.

Hope that helps!

Have fun this weekend ...

Ron, WD4AHZ