[FQP] FQP 40m CW window expanded

Bob Patten n4bp at bellsouth.net
Thu Apr 26 04:18:49 PDT 2007

Hank Greeb wrote:
> Please be advised that the internationally recognized QRP calling and
> operating frequency centers on 7030 KHz, ± a few KHz, and many QRPers
> will be out during the QRP To the Field on Saturday (QRPTTF), times
> coinciding with the Florida QSO party.  Many of the QRP rigs are crystal
> controlled, so will need to operate within the suggested FQP mobile
> frequency "window."

Being stuck at home this year, I intend to participate in both contests
on Saturday.
For the QRPTTF crowd, their exchange of RST/SPC includes exactly what is
needed for the FQP crowd.  In reverse, I'm hoping the TTFers will
realize that "BRO" and other three letter county exchanges will be
logged as "FL" by them.  If they ask you for "STATE", just send a quick
"FL" so that they may also use the contact.

The 40M QRP calling freq is in a transition period with many not even
being aware that it has changed from 7040 to 7030.  I believe that most
of the crystal controlled rigs are still on 7040.

On 20M and 15M (I'm going to assume there will not be much activity on
10M):	QRPTTF guys and gals will hang around .060 while FQPers will be
around .035 (.040-.050 for mobiles).  On Saturday, I'll split my time
between the two freqs.

No need for conflict, we can all help each other with QSOs.

--
73,     Bob Patten, N4BP                Plantation, FL

E-Mail :   n4bp at arrl.net                Website: http://www.qsl.net/n4bp
SOC #1          ARS #799                QRP ARCI #3412       FISTS #7871
NAQCC #1306     FP #1491                SMIRK #6625