[FQP] More FQP History

Bob Patten n4bp at bellsouth.net
Sat Apr 21 07:31:59 PDT 2007

Art Burke wrote:
> I still have my old paper logs from the 1980 and 1981 contest. I've never
> been all that much of a super-serious contester. I entered the 1980 contest
> as KB4ZO and the 1981 contest as NE4F. For both of those years it seemed
> like N4BP and I were the only ones in Florida in the contest.
A little research discovered that Andy Clark started Florida Skip in
1957 and
sold the magazine in 1992 following a stroke.  Andy passed away in 1999.
   I couldn't find when the FQP was started, but suspect from the
numbers that maybe the Palm Beach club took it over in 1992 when FL Skip
was sold.  I was reminded that I was contest chairman for the FQP for a
couple of years when K1TO showed me a certificate that I had issued him
years earlier.  Dan would know the exact year, but I think it was in the
80's when FL Skip was administering the contest.  I still have a trophy
on the shelf from 1970.  There were others that were lost probably
during a move...

--
73,     Bob Patten, N4BP                Plantation, FL

E-Mail :   n4bp at arrl.net                Website: http://www.qsl.net/n4bp
SOC #1          ARS #799                QRP ARCI #3412       FISTS #7871
NAQCC #1306     FP #1491                SMIRK #6625