[FQP] Scoring question

K1to at aol.com K1to at aol.com
Fri Apr 20 20:48:33 PDT 2007

In a message dated 4/20/07 9:14:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time, w4my at yahoo.com
writes:

> I am new to FQP and will be participating as a mobile
> in it for the first time in 2007.
>
> What is the rationale of the power multiplier (x3 for
> QRP, x2 for LP, x1 for HP)  AND  HP, LP, and QRP
> classes?
>
> As Yogi Berra would have said, "Isn't this redundant
> and unnecessarily repetitive?"

The power multiplier is perhaps the one scoring item that we have
second-guessed the most.  But since you are entering the mobile category, virtually all
mobiles enter the low power category, eliminating one variable.  Thanks for
joining in the fun!  Did you post your route on www.floridaqsoparty.org yet?

As in baseball, contest rule-setting is 90% mental and the other half
physical.

73, Dan, K1TO