[FQP] [FCG] APRS

k1to at aol.com k1to at aol.com
Thu Apr 19 11:22:52 PDT 2007

4 points to clarify:
1)  Unless the APRS transmission is on 10-15-20-40M, then the Multi-Multi rule wouldn't apply.

2)  The mobile is not gaining any information from periodically beaconing the position, so reclassifying does not apply.

3)  This particular mobile did not intend to specify a freq, so this is not self-spotting, which is also prohibited.  It is important that any other APRS beaconer also follow that rule!

4)  My biggest concern is that single op non-FL stations accessing APRS info could gain what amounts to spotting assistance, thereby placing them into a multi-op category.

73, Dan, K1TO