[FQP] 2007 GQP Tidbits

ku8e at bellsouth.net ku8e at bellsouth.net
Mon Apr 9 09:40:41 PDT 2007

  Here are some GQP tidbits :

 1) 10 planned mobile operations (and counting ?)

 2) 151 of 159 counties so far

 3) If you worked each planned mobile operation just one time in each county they plane to activate
      you would make over 250 QSO's. This doesn't even include working the fixed stations. Double
      this if you work them on an other mode. If you worked each mode on say 20cw/ssb and 40 cw/ssb
      you could potentially make 1000 QSO's working just mobile contacts.

  If conditions hold up this could be one of the best Georgia QSO Parties EVER.

  BTW.. You have probably heard about the bonus prizes ?  See http://gqp.contesting.com/GQPPrizes2.htm

  We have recieved some additional donations and this will be expanded even though it is not publicized on the webpage yet. I have suggested the following the Mike, NE4S as additions :

1)  GA station that works most mobile QSO's
2)  Top score from a state bordering GA - (FL,SC,TN,AL) - we understand how tough this can be
3) Top West Coast Score

Mike also though of :

4) First GA station to get WAS

Any other ideas ???

The prizes for these categories would be some food product from Lane Packing - i.e peaches, nuts, pecans etc...

See Lane Packing's website at http://www.lanepacking.com/

Jeff KU8E