[FQP] KU8E wants partner for FQP

Georgek5kg at aol.com Georgek5kg at aol.com
Thu Feb 2 17:29:19 PST 2006

I am passing this along from Jeff.

73, George.

  I can't help but to remember that this is the time of the year that  those
"Only ## Days Until the FQP"
posts by the the late Jim  White, K4OJ would start showing up on the
reflector. What great  reading
that was !!  Hearing the W4AN call all over the  160 meter band this past
weekend made me think
about these two  guys who we lost a couple years ago.... If I remember right
the FOC Marathon,
which is this weekend, was the last contest JIm  operated.

Anyway, the purpose of my post is  this.  I have the desire go rovering again
in the FQP this  year.
My usual partner K4BAI is unavailable. I have contacted  some of my old MRRC
buddies who like
to do this type of thing  and they are also unavailable. I thought I would
post a message on here  to
see if anyone would be interested in joining me ??  I have  everything we
would need. Previous
rovering experience would be nice  but is not required.

It takes a certain type of person to  do this.  Being mobile you are not
always loud and it can be a
struggle at times... but despite this you need to stay aggresive. But when
you  get in the right spot
you get a pileup going it's as good as it gets  as if you were in the
Carribean during a DX
contest..You need to be a hot  shot CW operator because 90% of our contacts
would be on CW. If you
are  seriously interested send me a private email and we can talk.

Jeff  , KU8E

George  Wagner, K5KG
941-312-9420
941-400-1960  cell