[FQP] Ohio QSO Party This Weekend

Hal Offutt hal at japancorporateresearch.com
Thu Aug 24 07:10:27 PDT 2006

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to remind everyone that this weekend is the annual Ohio QSO Party.
In 2005 and 2006 when I operated the FQP from Florida, Ohio stations were
the biggest single contributor to my score, so this weekend is the perfect
time for FL stations to say "thanks" to the Ohioans by getting on and
handing out some contacts.  Over ten mobiles and rovers will be out on the
road making sure that all 88 Ohio counties will be on the air this year.  It
looks like the biggest turnout ever  At least two mobile participants in the
2006 FQP will be out on the Ohio roads this weekend - AD8J and yours truly.

And BTW, the sponsoring club of the OQP is the Mad River Radio Club - which
happens to be the out of state club winner in the most recent (2005) FQP
results.

Contest hours are noon to midnight EDST on Saturday, August 26.

Full details on the OQP website - http://www.oqp.us.  And don't miss the
very cool list of counties on the air.  Click on the callsign and you can
see what county each mobile/rover is planning to activate and sometimes the
times
the station will be in each county!

TNX & 73,

Hal W1NN

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to remind everyone that this weekend is the annual Ohio QSO Party.
We Ohioans always appreciate the strong support we get from the many IL
stations we work every year in this event.  Over ten mobiles and rovers will
be out on the road making sure that all 88 Ohio counties will be on the air
this year.

Hours are noon to midnight EDST on Saturday, August 26.

Full details on the OQP website - http://www.oqp.us.  And don't miss the
very cool list of counties that will be on the air and the calls of the
activating stations.  Click on the highlighted callsigns and you can see
what county each mobile/rover station is planning to activate and sometimes