[FQP] Florida QSO Party

ku8e at bellsouth.net ku8e at bellsouth.net
Wed Apr 19 06:45:32 PDT 2006

  I encourage all SECC members to take some time to operate in the Florida QSO Party this weekend.
With the reduced sunspot numbers the activity might switch down to 40 meters, which will be perfect
for our location. During normal condx most of the activity during the day in the FQP is on 20 meters and up. If you look at the last two weekends -  GQP and MQP - 15 and 10 meters have been pretty much useless. Here is a tip for everyone. Check 20 meters just before sunset - maybe between 2100-2300Z. I have noticed we regularly have some short skip to Fla. During the GQP I worked some stations who were using simple antennas and had very big signals around that time period. I bet this occurs opening occurs north of me as well...

Let's give the rover stations a reason to QSY to 40 meters during the day by providing them some
QSO's.

73, Jeff