[FQP] Tx Owl Catcher

Georgek5kg at aol.com Georgek5kg at aol.com
Sun Apr 9 06:27:23 PDT 2006

In a message dated 4/8/2006 10:31:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
n4km at earthlink.net writes:

Never heard of the owl catcher. I do know what  a bug catcher is tho.

Well, here is the story from when I lived back in the great state of  TX.
Seems as thought this good old boy, no doubt a Tx Pig Farmer, had this  very
large bug catcher installed high atop the tool box on his pick-em-up  dualie.
The bug catcher had a capacity hat, you know one of those things  with spikes
sticking out in all directions.

As the story goes, late one night our friend, while tooling down FM 1960
outside of Houston, connected with a big old owl that was undoubetedly out for
his evening meal.  The owl impaled himself on the spikes of the  capacity hat.
When our friend pulled up to his favorite watering hole for  a Rolling Rock,
his friends had a great laugh over the dead barnie bleeding all  over the bug
catcher and down onto the tool box.  Ergo, Tx Owl  Catcher.

Beware of Tx Owl Catchers in the FQP!

73, Geo...