[FQP] Mobile Questiion

Tom Smith kk4ta at adelphia.net
Tue Mar 15 04:20:24 PST 2005

A question for Ron and other officers:

The FQP rules define a mobile station as the following:

Mobile is a station that is self-contained (radio, antenna, power
source) capable of motion. Motion is optional.

I would like to temporarily (when stopped) add a long whip to the top of
my mobile antenna to give myself a better signal on 40.  This antenna
would not be usable on the road because it would be at least 5 feet
above the highway limit of 13.5.  It would still meet all the points of
the above definition.  Am I still mobile and not portable?

Thanks
Tom
KK4TA